Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha FZ16 version 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yamaha FZ16 version 2.0

Since someone has destroyed my seat by giving cut with blade I want to apply a seat cover on it but the problem is am not getting a proper cover for dual seat. I wanted to go for mesh seat but again the quality here in Mumbai,santacruz Milan subway area is very poor and they ask 200-350 for mesh seat cover that too they will just punch it not the elastic one which can be removed and cleaned.do you guys have any idea in Mumbai where else I can check or any online site which sells proper dual seat cover for fz s v2?

Comment

Originally posted by djmacpro View Post
      Since someone has destroyed my seat by giving cut with blade I want to apply a seat cover on it but the problem is am not getting a proper cover for dual seat. I wanted to go for mesh seat but again the quality here in Mumbai,santacruz Milan subway area is very poor and they ask 200-350 for mesh seat cover that too they will just punch it not the elastic one which can be removed and cleaned.do you guys have any idea in Mumbai where else I can check or any online site which sells proper dual seat cover for fz s v2?
      You can visit yamaha ASC. Yamaha sells mesh seat cover for the fz v2. I got mine during the bike delivery and it has been 3 years its serving me very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajdip Saha View Post
        You can visit yamaha ASC. Yamaha sells mesh seat cover for the fz v2. I got mine during the bike delivery and it has been 3 years its serving me very well.
        Need to check over here when I go for servicing. Can you tell me the cost of it also when you press the seat cover with two fingers does it get pressed easily or a little resistance is there? Because today everywhere I checked the mesh quality was so pathetic that even with normal pinch it was getting pressed easily so suppose when I sit on it, it doesn't makes any sense as there won't be any air flow as its supposed to be. Can you post images of it on seat?

Comment

Originally posted by djmacpro View Post
          Need to check over here when I go for servicing. Can you tell me the cost of it also when you press the seat cover with two fingers does it get pressed easily or a little resistance is there? Because today everywhere I checked the mesh quality was so pathetic that even with normal pinch it was getting pressed easily so suppose when I sit on it, it doesn't makes any sense as there won't be any air flow as its supposed to be. Can you post images of it on seat?
          Ya it has a bit of resistance and the mesh is quite hard. The only con I found with this cover is that if birds shit on your seat its a bit difficult to clean because of the mesh.
          It has been 3 years the cover has not shone even a bit of wear. I can't remember the exact price it was around 650-700 bucks.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180531_213812.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1960163

Name:	IMG_20180531_213831.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1960171
          Last edited by Rajdip Saha; 05-31-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajdip Saha View Post
            Ya it has a bit of resistance and the mesh is quite hard.
            Seems very good quality product paying 600-700 for such thing is no problem compared to what I saw here in market. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Comment

• Review after 1500 Km - FZS FI V2 Dual Disc

It has been almost 3 months and 1500 km with my bike.
              Some of my observations:
              Mileage
              In 4 refills, I have got an avg of about 49kmpl by full tank method. (331km-6.43l, 334km-6.45l, 320.2km-7.05l, 335.5km-6.9l) I think I might not have filled the tank to the brim in the first two times. The comfort of the bike is so good at higher gears that I was tempted to shift up soon, below 3000rmp at about 2500 rpm. This seems to have brought down my mileage to about 45 kmpl. Next time I experimented and let the rmps cross 3500 before gear upward shift, and got about 48kmpl. I ride completely in the city. I am not an aggressive rider. I get to touch 50 kmph just once on a traffic free flyover.

Mirror
              I used to struggle with scooter, some vehicles would pass close enough without ever appearing on the mirror. That has never happened with this one. I feel safe knowing that I know what is around me.

Revs
              I simply love the vibrations that appear in 3rd and 4th gears and smoothness of 5th gear.

Brakes / Tyre
              Braking in scooters while navigating the bumper-to-bumper traffic of Bengaluru would give me shoulder / back pain. I dont feel the exertion with the disc brakes.

I fell down once, lost balance another time on the gravel and pebbles filled roads of Bengaluru. I don't know whether it is the tyre, the bulky vehicle for my physic or I panicked and aggressively pressed the front brake. I have been cautious ever since and make sure I apply the front brake gradually. I wished Yamaha provided ABS. I was wearing helmet, gloves, shoes and full-sleeve shirt and came out without any scratch. The crash guard provided by the showroom got bent and couldn't handle the slow fall of bike.

Gears/Clutch
              Initially the clutch plates were hard. It is becoming easier to shift with time.

Fuel indicator
              I had read somewhere that digital fuel indicator dont match the accuracy of analogue ones. The indicator keeps going up and down erratically. The first of six lines vanishes and appears again and again anywhere between 60-150km, the second line plays it till 250 km and the 3rd line disappears at around 320km i.e. 6.5-7 liters close enough to the half tank measure of 6L.

Extended warranty
              I had paid for 2 years extended warranty at the time of purchase. During the first free service at 1 month, I was told I will be intimated in another month or so. I am yet to receive any communication. How long would it take? Will I receive another booklet or something?

First Service
              I continued with Vinayak Yamaha. I had driven just about 350 kms in the first month. I was charged 900 - 350 for engine oil, 150 for 3M oil, 100 for oil filter, 100 for consumables, 200 for chain oil. The mechanic advised wax coating, but I opted out. They dont provide lacquer coating. The hard gear/clutch persisted after the service. Any suggestions for 2nd service?
              Last edited by shravanad; 06-23-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Re: Review after 1500 Km - FZS FI V2 Dual Disc

Originally posted by shravanad View Post
                It has been almost 3 months and 1500 km with my bike.
                Some of my observations:
                Mileage
                In 4 refills, I have got an avg of about 49kmpl by full tank method. (331km-6.43l, 334km-6.45l, 320.2km-7.05l, 335.5km-6.9l) I think I might not have filled the tank to the brim in the first two times. The comfort of the bike is so good at higher gears that I was tempted to shift up soon, below 3000rmp at about 2500 rpm. This seems to have brought down my mileage to about 45 kmpl. Next time I experimented and let the rmps cross 3500 before gear upward shift, and got about 48kmpl. I ride completely in the city. I am not an aggressive rider. I get to touch 50 kmph just once on a traffic free flyover.

Mirror
                I used to struggle with scooter, some vehicles would pass close enough without ever appearing on the mirror. That has never happened with this one. I feel safe knowing that I know what is around me.

Revs
                I simply love the vibrations that appear in 3rd and 4th gears and smoothness of 5th gear.

Brakes / Tyre
                Braking in scooters while navigating the bumper-to-bumper traffic of Bengaluru would give me shoulder / back pain. I dont feel the exertion with the disc brakes.

I fell down once, lost balance another time on the gravel and pebbles filled roads of Bengaluru. I don't know whether it is the tyre, the bulky vehicle for my physic or I panicked and aggressively pressed the front brake. I have been cautious ever since and make sure I apply the front brake gradually. I wished Yamaha provided ABS. I was wearing helmet, gloves, shoes and full-sleeve shirt and came out without any scratch. The crash guard provided by the showroom got bent and couldn't handle the slow fall of bike.

Gears/Clutch
                Initially the clutch plates were hard. It is becoming easier to shift with time.

Fuel indicator
                I had read somewhere that digital fuel indicator dont match the accuracy of analogue ones. The indicator keeps going up and down erratically. The first of six lines vanishes and appears again and again anywhere between 60-150km, the second line plays it till 250 km and the 3rd line disappears at around 320km i.e. 6.5-7 liters close enough to the half tank measure of 6L.

Extended warranty
                I had paid for 2 years extended warranty at the time of purchase. During the first free service at 1 month, I was told I will be intimated in another month or so. I am yet to receive any communication. How long would it take? Will I receive another booklet or something?

First Service
                I continued with Vinayak Yamaha. I had driven just about 350 kms in the first month. I was charged 900 - 350 for engine oil, 150 for 3M oil, 100 for oil filter, 100 for consumables, 200 for chain oil. The mechanic advised wax coating, but I opted out. They dont provide lacquer coating. The hard gear/clutch persisted after the service. Any suggestions for 2nd service?
                About braking any bike in the world if apply front disk brake on gravel road it will fall.

You have to get used to the front disk break. Because it's not like the gear less scooter front drum brakes. Apply the front break first to slow down once it slow down then to make a stop.

Eventually you will get used to it

Comment

What is the price of the fuel tank body parts(3 piece fiber cover)? Mine is scratched up and wanted to either but new or get it wrapped.

Comment

A casual top speed video on the way to Malshej Ghats.

----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

A casual top speed video on the way to Malshej Ghats.

Exploring South India
                    Ride to Dandeli
                    Kuntala waterfalls at its best
                    Father & Son ride to Nasik
                    Exploring South India -2
                    Hyderabad-Goa-Maharashtra

Comment

Hi xBHPians,

I have been reading the ownership experiences you guys have shared for the FZ V2 and that has been a great learning experience.I have been a passive reader but now I have registered and be part of the discussions. I have been riding the FZ since 3 years now this thread was influential and duly referred for the decision to go for FZ V2. Havent had any issue with the bike.

Since past few months I have observed cracks in the rear tire sidewall. While the cracks are not very deep but with pillion they get more wide.

Name:	IMG_20180718_103515231_HDR.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1960919

Name:	IMG_20180718_103447374_HDR.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1960920
                      *Excuse the dirty rims as I wasn't able to clean the rims for some time.

So I have decided ro change the tires. I want to put some dual sport or adventure touring tires. I went through the thread but havent found any reference for adventure tires. I have something on these lines in my mind although I am unsure about the price compared to the stock tires- https://m.moto.michelin.com/DC/en/ty...akee-wild.html

Name:	product-page-anakeewild.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1960922
                      Discover Metzeler's range of motorcycle tires and read our insights to guide your choice. Find out more online!

Name:	product_sheet_karoo3_460x500_jpeg.jpg
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1960921

Has anyone changed the tires to the knobby adventure / off road tires? How is the braking and handling? Both tires are slightly wide and tall but have the same rim size. Also do I need to change both tires since the front one has quite a bit of thread left.

Or do you think it is an overkill to have adventure or dual sport tires.

Another issue which I am facing is the chain. It makes odd grinding sounds and needs replacing. The rear sprocket seems fine and not due for change. The bike has run 15k kms. I felt the chain got damaged too early. When I showed the issue to service centre they advised changing the complete chain and sproket set.
                      Should I change the sproket set as well or the chain replacement alone is good?

Comment

Tried a top speed run on the way to Malshej Ghat.

Exploring South India
                        Ride to Dandeli
                        Kuntala waterfalls at its best
                        Father & Son ride to Nasik
                        Exploring South India -2
                        Hyderabad-Goa-Maharashtra

Comment

Hi All,

Am using the FZ s 2.0 from 2015. for the past two weeks am hearing a sound from the rear tire. When i put the bike in center stand and rotate the wheel i found that some pieces like nuts are inside the tire. But the tire pressure not reduced. When i took to puncture shop they told that it will not affect as its a tubeless tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Raty_FZ View Post
                            Hi All,

Am using the FZ s 2.0 from 2015. for the past two weeks am hearing a sound from the rear tire. When i put the bike in center stand and rotate the wheel i found that some pieces like nuts are inside the tire. But the tire pressure not reduced. When i took to puncture shop they told that it will not affect as its a tubeless tire.
                            The sound might also be coming due to the chain. When the o-rings of the chain wear out that part of the chain makes a clunky noise when rotating as it goes around the sprokets. Nuts inside a tyre will have a muffled sound compared to clunky metal sound of the chain. Inspect the chain for stiffness along a few joints.

Comment

Can i use diesel for chain lubrication? Many sites listed that diesel can be used for chain. Does it workout well? Anybody tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by Raty_FZ View Post
                                Can i use diesel for chain lubrication? Many sites listed that diesel can be used for chain. Does it workout well? Anybody tried this?
                                Diesel is used for chain cleaning not lubrication. You can even use kerosene for cleaning chain. Use any good quality chain lube like motul or you can even use ep90 gear oil for lubing.

Comment

Working...
                                X